Have you ever wanted to post to Instagram from your desktop but realized that… you can’t?
Well, those days are over.
With a simple trick, you can now upload to Instagram from your web browser.
Yep, that’s right — straight from your desktop!
This feature is originally meant for mobile browsers, but you can take advantage of it too on your computer with just a few clicks!
According to Instagram, “Instagram.com (accessed from mobile) is a web experience optimized for mobile phones. It’s designed to help people have a fuller experience on Instagram no matter what device or network they are on.”
While some features aren’t available – such as live videos, face filters, and direct messaging – it’s still a pretty handy trick.
Now let’s get to the good stuff! Here’s how to upload photos to Instagram from a desktop browser:
1. Go to Instagram.com
2. Click CTRL+Shift+I on your keyboard or do a right-click with your mouse and select ‘Inspect’.
3. Select the device icon in the toolbar set it to a mobile interface.
Additionally, you can also set the device interface you want to use.
4. Hit refresh.
5. Log in and do your thing!
For Firefox browsers, you’re going to need to download the add-on called “User Agent Override”.
1. Go to FireFox menu then select Add-ons.
Quick note: a ‘user agent’ is basically something that lets a website identify what device you’re using.
2.Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select ‘See more add-ons!’
3. Look for User Agent Switcher then click Add to Firefox.
4. Now open Instagram.com and select your device.
5. Reload the page.
6. Log in and start ‘gramming!
1. Go to your browser’s Preferences, then click Advanced.
2. Check the box at the bottom (The one that says ‘Show Development menu in menu bar’)
3. Open Instagram.com
4. Select Develop > User Developer, then choose your preferred device interface.
5. Log in and share your photos!
That was easy, wasn’t it?
With this little trick, you won’t have to shuffle between your phone and desktop anymore. It’s now easier to update and manage your Instagram account — especially if you’re using it to market your business!
Any Instagram tricks you want to share? Tag us on Twitter @hirebros and let us know!